6 Simple Ways to Become a Greener Business
Being green is really a lot easier than most people think. The term came about to promote taking care of our planet and is not something new to a lot of folks worldwide. For every day, just making certain that things are re-used or re-cycled will complete the task of being ‘green’.
1. Have separate trash cans. One for glass, plastic and one for paper. Make certain that a place in the office is designated for putting this supply until it is large enough to get it to the recycling department. A small return on the time can be put back into the coffers for the effort.
2. For the real trash…. Like coffee grounds, food, etc. Find out if someone has a garden. Make certain that this recyclable material can be delivered for them to compost. Or even find people in the neighborhood that you can get this to and help them with their healthy gardening techniques.
3. Have sink water delivered to a tank that can be recycled to water your grass or plants for the business. This insures no waste and will keep your water bill down. To discover more about what a water storage tank is and how it works, visit this website: https://newstable.org/
4. On the hotter of the summer days, reduce your light function. It will help cool the building and assist the air conditioner when keeping the building cooler.
5. Take your shredded materials to animal hospitals for bedding, or even for schools and their mascots that they have. It can be used for many types of animals and their bedding materials.
6. For restaurants, advertise that you have oil available for a small fee. Those that recycle oil for their vehicles will appreciate the low cost and you get a small amount back on something you were going to dispose of anyway. It gets re-used and you get rid of it. To learn more about recycling spent cooking oil and grease for households and restaurants visit this website: https://dailipay.net/
So don’t be shy. There are hundreds of ways to use and re-use what you have. Just be smart enough to work out the kinks and find those ways to be a greener business along the way. Keeping the costs down and ability high.
Blair Thomas is an electronic payment expert, who loves all things finance and planning. He is also the co-founder of eMerchantBroker.com, the #1 timeshare merchant account company in the country. But when he’s not running his business he’s more than likely exploring his other passions; music, mountain biking and camping. If you would like to see what he’s up to, check him out on Facebook.